I have to be honest with you, I was always scared of the idea of camping until I got to try it! We live in a world where our lives are so busy, we’re stressed, and we all need a break to detox our bodies and souls in nature.
When you’re sleeping in your tent, filling your lungs with fresh air, and the beautiful sky that’s filled with stars is your rooftop, you will understand the beauty of camping in nature!
If you get the chance to run away from the city traffic, the dust, and the noise. Take it as an opportunity to get lost in nature and enjoy every moment of it.
Things you need to think about before you go camping for the first time
Camping is fun when it’s planned ahead, here are the things that you need to think about before you go camping for the first time:
- You need to make sure that you have the right camping gear. Depending on when you’re going camping, the weather, and how long you’re staying, you need to decide what kind of tent is best for you and how warm your sleeping bag has to be. Also, think of the weights that you will have to carry, how are you going to reach your camping site? Are you backpacking or you’re going by car? My advice is, always bring the essentials, and leave the luxuries at home!
- Research the camping sites, and if you’re considering wild camping then double-check that wild camping is legal and safe where you’re planning to camp. Check how you’re going to get to your destination, and how you’re going to carry your camping gear.
- Think about clothing. You need to make sure that you’re wearing and packing suitable clothing for the weather and activities that you’re planning.
- Bring water with you. Depending on where you are planning to camp, you might need to bring a large bottle of water or even as much as you can carry! A good option and to stay on the safe side, is to order water treatment tablets should you need them during your trip.
- Where are you going to eat? If you’re planning to cook your own meals, think about the cooking stove that you’re going to bring. Choose from proper heavy cooking stoves or portable and handy ones that you can easily carry with you.
- How are you going to get rid of your rubbish? Does the campsite provide bins? Or are you camping in the wild and need to bring your own bin bags?
- Think about the utensils that you want to take with you. Camping utensils are lightweight and easy to carry.
- Are you gonna need a mosquito repellent spray?